- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS flour
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz finely grated parmesan cheese (approx 1 cup)
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz Pictsweet frozen spinach, cooked as directed and drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- Melt butter in saucepan, then add flour and to form a roux. Stir over medium-to-low heat for 1 minute, do not let turn brown.
- Slowly stir in cream, whisking continuously to prevent lumps.
- Add garlic salt
- Add grated Parmesan to saucepan and cook on low until fully melted.
- Add cream cheese and cook on low until fully melted *1
- Combine cream sauce with spinach and artichokes
- Place in baking dish and sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly and browned on edges.
*1 To make cream cheese easier to blend without lumps, microwave in a bowl for 60-90 seconds to soften. Mix a small amount of cream sauce into the bowl until smooth, then add to the pot with the rest of the sauce
Image by Rebecca Humann from Pixabay